Sunday, July 17, 2011

Can I sue my sons school?

I called the school and left a message for my sons teacher that when he got off the bus he was to walk straight home because his little sister was sick and I can see the bus stop from my kitchen window. My son is in 1st grade. Between the time I hung up and the teacher had got the message, the message had gotten mixed up. The teacher was told to keep my son off the bus and make him walk home. between my house and the school is a busy highway with no crosswalks or crossing guards. My son was nearly hit twice. Not to mention that for 30 minutes I was scouring the neighborhood looking for my son. He came home in tears because he was so afraid and proceeded to tell me he almost got lost and that he was almost hit by a car. When I asked him why he walked home he told me his teacher told him he didn't have a choice and there was no time to call home to ask his mom if it was ok. All of this was confirmed by the school when I called them demanding answers. If one driver on the highway wasn't paying attention or my son wasn't, I wouldn't have my son at this moment. I pay the schools to keep my 7 year old safe, not to send him walking miles across a busy highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment