Sunday, July 10, 2011

How should I construct my Bloodcheif Ascension deck?

I'm making a Bloodchief Ascension deck that utilizes Mindcrank to kill an opponent. If you're not familiar with it, Mindcrank is from New Phyrexia. It's a 2 drop artifact that makes it so whenever an opponent loses life, they place that many cards into the graveyard. With Bloodchief Ascension, they lose 2 life when a card goes to the graveyard as long as Bloodchief Ascension has 3 or more quest counters. So, it's a never ending combo. You make them place a card in the graveyard, they lose 2 life, and thus have to mill 2. They take 2 damage for each of those, so they lose 4 life. Then they mill 4, and so on and so forth until their dead. Essentially, they take infinite damage. So I need to make a deck around this, but I need to ensure they lose life each turn so I can get my quest counters on Bloodchief Ascension (Which requires an opponent to lose 2 or more life on a turn to get a quest counter). So obviously an easy way to ensure this is low drop burn spells (Lightning Bolt, Forked Bolt, Burst Lightning, and I was thinking Volt Charge's to proliferate.) But I also want to throw in some blue mill cards, to start the combo. I.e.; Hedron Crabs, Traumatize, Tome Scour, Archive Trap-stuff like that. First off, does this sound good? And secondly, what kinds of lands should i put in to make sure I can cast the necessary spells? Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment