Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Am I a bad girlfriend because I am jobless and living with my boyfriend?

In 2010 I graduated from college, was unable to keep my current job and could not find employment in my small town so my boyfriend asked me to come stay with him and look for work in his area since there are more businesses and therefore more opportunities. It is 2011 and I still don't have a job. I look for a job everyday, any job that I can find. I scour the internet, look through the newspaper and fill out job applications at businesses. When I do get an interview, I'm usually not selected due to inexperience or because my degree makes me look like I won't be a long-term employee if the job is not related to my degree. I get depressed and I cry a lot. I feel sad and worthless when I think about my situation. Today after a job interview at a local hotel my boyfriend checked his bank account and complained about money. He was joking but said he didn't have money because I keep asking him for things but I try hard not to ask for anything unless it is something I really need. Even if he was joking, I felt horrible. Sorry if it seems like I am ranting, I feel like I have no one to talk to. Am I a bad person?

No comments:

Post a Comment